Birding Weekend 7-9 October 2016
You are most welcome to our stunningly located Ntchisi Forest Lodge for a few days of diving into the rich bird life of the Ntchisi Forest Reserve.
Birds that can be found amongst many others include the bar tailed trogon, the louribird, olive headed weaver as well as the pale billed hornbill, stripe cheeked greenbul and the orange ground thrush.
The Birding Weekend is in collaboration with WESM and will be led by Ken Longden, David Yekutiel and Edward Maferano, all great bird experts and enthusiasts. With the bird counts that will be done during the weekend, scientific knowledge will be gained and we will get specific input for bird conservation. You can be part of this!
Besides the birding, you can indulge in delicious home cooked meals every day. Our hosts Eduard and Maaike and the team will welcome you and make sure you will have a wonderful stay! The weekend will start on Friday evening 7th of October, and will end on Sunday 9th of October early afternoon.
Prices for the full weekend
- 110 USD for camping per person
125 USD for camping with our tent–> Fully booked
140 USD for Luxury tent per person sharing–> Fully booked
170 USD for Ensuite room per person sharing–> Fully booked 190 USD for Ensuite Plus per person sharing–> Fully booked 210 USD for Ensuite Delux per person sharing–> Fully booked 280 USD for Forest Cabin per person sharing–> Fully booked
- If not sharing a room 40 USD will be added for your stay
- Possibility to share for two singles
The Birding Weekend package includes:
- Three birding excursions including bird count sessions in Ntchisi Forest Reserve
- An introductory talk on birds of Malawi at the start, and a wrap-up at the end of the weekend
- Two nights of accommodation
- Delicious food: two dinners, two brunches and homemade snacks
- Sodas or alcohol (coffee and tea are included in the brunch and filtered drinking water will be provided)