Are you a hands-on, friendly multi-tasker? And do you enjoy nature, peace and quiet? We are looking for you!
Ntchisi Forest Lodge is looking for a host/general manager.
What are your tasks?
- Receive and accommodate guests, make them feel at home.
- Manage bookings, enquiries, feedback, etc.
- Manage and guide the team (9 staff) while being part of the team and helping with all tasks.
- Administration, bookkeeping and reporting.
- Make sure facilities and grounds are properly maintained.
- Maintain forest trails in cooperation with community.
- Manage and stimulate the community projects that are undertaken by the lodge.
- Marketing and liaison: manage contact with tour operators, distributing posters and leaflets, etc.
- Shopping for the lodge in Lilongwe on a regular basis.
- Make sure all taxes and levies are paid regularly.
- Pick-up and drop-off guests if so required.
- And all other odd tasks that are involved in running a small Eco lodge: solar system maintenance, gardening, meetings with community, forestry, district officials, etc. etc.
What do we offer?
- We offer you the opportunity to stay in this gorgeous unspoiled and remote environment.
- An interesting benefits package (a small honorarium and Room and Board).
- A dynamic and challenging job.
- Lots of opportunities to bring-in new ideas.
- A great addition to your CV.
- An initial contract for one year.
- Regular on the job coaching and support, continuous distant support
- An adventure of a life time.
What kind of person are you?
- Basically you are a sheep with five legs.
- You are an excellent host and enjoy receiving and serving people and making them feel welcome.
- You have experience in the hospitality sector
- You are very honest and trustworthy.
- You don’t have a nine to five mentality .
- You have a valid driving license.
- You don’t mind hard work and long days if the business requires it.
- You have a can do mentality and look for opportunities instead of difficulties .
- You have an eye for hygiene and security .
- You are self-motivated and can motivate others
- You enjoy networking and building relations.
- You speak fluent English and if you speak an additional language this is an asset.
- You are computer literate and write well.
- You have experience in (simple) book keeping.
- You are available from May 2017.
- If you have any of the following qualities they will be considered as assets: Prior experience in Africa, cooking, you are a handy-(wo)man, gardening, leading outdoor leisure activities, marketing experience.
- We prefer a couple over a single person due to all the tasks involved and qualities needed to run the lodge. Not saying that individuals may not respond.
Does this profile matches who you are and are you interested in this challenge? Send us your motivation letter and CV before March 10th 2017: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “general manager” in your subject line.
If we see potential we will contact you and arrange for an interview.
Interviews will take place in week of 13th March.
Please note that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates. Acquisition on this position is not accepted.