Mindful Malawi – (re)treat yourself!
Relaxation, stress reduction, focus, self-care, restoration of energy, wonderful healthy food and inspiration from the forest. Just to name a few ingredients you can expect in the weekend of Friday 24 April to Monday 27 april. Ans, Innocent and the entire team will welcome you and make sure you will have an unforgettable weekend!
The weekend program is based on elements from the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program (MBSR). In mindfulness meditation you essentially train to focus your attention, and become more aware of the present moment, rather than staying locked in the past or running forward to the future.
It is a practical, mild, non-religious practice that is open to anyone, with or without prior experience in meditation.
The program will consist of a variety of practical shorter and longer meditation sessions, light yoga practice, a meditative morning walk, some short assignments on self-care, a silent lunch, and more!
There will be a super healthy and delicious menu available, full of fresh fruits, vegetables, a daily smoothy, green teas and tasty healthy goodies.
You will be meditating in a group, and there will be room for exchange, but the main focus will be on yourself. The program activities can take up about 4 to 5 hours per day, in between which you will have time to rest, read a book, take a walk, or do your own things. Most activities are optional, meaning you can pick and choose from the program as suits you best.
Elise Griede is a certified Mindfulness trainer (MBSR/MBCT). Elise is a trained psychologist and has worked in the humanitarian and development sector for the past 10 years. In this world: “Many people know a lot about working hard, and little about self-care, restoring energy, managing stress, and staying focused and healthy. A weekend like this can be a great and simple step to revitalize.” Elise has set-up her mindfulness and advice practice in Holland and abroad.
Prices for the full weekend
330 USD for luxury tent, per person sharing–> Fully booked 360 USD for Ensuite room, per person sharing–> Fully booked 390 USD for Ensuite Plus, per person sharin–> Fully booked 420 USD for Ensuite Delux, per person sharing–> Fully booked 450 USD for Forest Cabin, per person sharing–> Fully booked
- If not sharing a room single supplement for the full weekend: 120 USD
- Possibility to share for two singles
- The Mindfulness weekend is fully booked so far. Please let us know if you are interested in this weekend (we will put you on a reserve list) or in upcoming Mindfullness or yoga events (we will send you an email than before promoting the event).
What does the mindfulness weekend package include:
- Introduction on mindfulness
- Meditation sessions
- Stress and self care session
- Light yoga session
- 3 nights accommodation
- Delicious food, light and yoga-style
- Super healthy and delicious menu, full of fresh fruits, vegetables
- Daily smoothies, green teas and tasty healthy goodies.
- Three dinners
- 2 lunches (Saturday and Sunday)
- 3 breakfasts (Saturday, Sunday, Monday)
- Filtered drinking water
- Sodas or alcohol (coffee and tea are included in the breakfast and we provide filtered drinking water during the day)
- Guided walking trails in the rainforest or village community tours
- Tips for staff