Are you a hands-on, friendly multi-tasker? And do you enjoy nature, peace and quiet? We are looking for you!
Ntchisi Forest Lodge is looking for a host/general manager.
Period: 5 to 6 months starting from August 2015.
Couples may also apply.
What are your tasks?
• Receive and accommodate guests, make them feel at home.
• Manage bookings, enquiries, feedback, etc.
• Manage and guide the team (8 staff) while being part of the team and helping with all tasks.
• Administration, bookkeeping and reporting.
• Make sure facilities and grounds are properly maintained.
• Maintain forest trails in cooperation with community.
• Manage and stimulate the community projects that are undertaken by the lodge.
• Marketing and liaison: manage contact with tour operators, distributing posters and leaflets, etc.
• Shopping for the lodge in Lilongwe on a regular basis.
• Make sure all taxes and levies are paid regularly.
• Pick-up and drop-off guests if so required.
• And all other odd tasks that are involved in running a small Eco lodge: solar system maintenance, gardening, meetings with community, forestry, district officials, etc. Etc.
What do we offer:
• We offer you the opportunity to stay in this gorgeous unspoiled and remote environment.
• A local salary and interesting benefits package.
• A dynamic and challenging job.
• To run the lodge as if it was your own.
• Lots of opportunities to bring-in new ideas.
• A great addition to your CV.
• Regular on the job coaching and support, continuous distant support
What kind of person are you?
• Basically you are a “sheep with five legs”.
• You are an excellent host and enjoy receiving and serving people and making them feel welcome.
• You have experience in the hospitality sector.
• You are very honest and trustworthy.
• You don’t have a nine to five mentality.
• You have a valid driving license.
• You don’t mind hard work and long days if the business requires it.
• You have a can do mentality and look for opportunities instead of difficulties.
• You have an eye for hygiene and security.
• You are self-motivated and can motivate others
• You enjoy networking and building relations.
• You speak fluent English and if you speak an additional language this is an asset.
• You are computer literate and write well.
• You have experience in simple book keeping.
• You are available from early August 2015.
If you have any of the following qualities they will be considered as assets: Prior experience in Africa, cooking, you are a handy-(wo)man, gardening, leading outdoor leisure activities, marketing experience.
Interested? Send your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17th of July